un·as·sum·ing

Pronunciation:
\ˌən-ə-ˈsü-miŋ\
Function:
adjective
Date:
1722
: not assuming : modest unassuming librarian> unassuming manner> unassuming neighborhood>
un·as·sum·ing·ness noun

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

UNASSUMING SPOT #5

Samosa House/Bharat Bazaar Groceries (Culver City)

I write to you from my desk where I'm currently chowing down on a combo plate made up of Jackfruit, Paneer and mixed veggies. I also had a Samosa which was heaven on Earth. I've been dining here for quite some time and just turned my bosses on to it. This is by far the best Vegan Indian I have ever come across. I'm madly in love with everything but especially any of the cauliflower dishes. I also love the grocery store itself. The delicious buffet seems like an after thought in the store. It's a tiny counter tucked away in the back. While it may be tiny the food sure packs a punch. I'm trying Jackfruit for the first time today and only one word comes to mind - DIVINE. If you dig Indian food at all I beg you to go visit this unassuming spot on Washington Boulevard. You won't be sorry! You can catch their daily specials on Twitter (http://twitter.com/samosahouse) Also, they'll be opening a new location on the Corner of Overland and Washington for all you Sony folks.

Unassuming Food Enthusiasts Grade: A+


Jackfruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment