un·as·sum·ing

Pronunciation:
\ˌən-ə-ˈsü-miŋ\
Function:
adjective
Date:
1722
: not assuming : modest unassuming librarian> unassuming manner> unassuming neighborhood>
un·as·sum·ing·ness noun

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

UNASSUMING SPOT #2

Skratch (Culver City)

Skratch... I mean, what kind of establishment is this exactly? Crazy cat-lady store? DJ academy? I am hesitant to try such a destination on my hour-only escape from being chained to a desk, aka, lunch hour, however there are only so many times one can eat the tuna salad sandwich at the over-priced cafeteria so I persevere with my much braver food companion. Once we claw our way through the long line (ha, see what I did there? "claw" "skratch" no? ok) we see the menu written on a chalkboard informing us that we can order any of the delicious sounding meals as a sandwich, wrap or salad. We. Are. Sold. This is without a doubt a hidden gem amongst Culver City hospitals and pharmacies, Skratchlicious if you will. And ever since that fateful day, we can regularly be found at one of the outside tables chowing down on any one of the various salads or wraps, often with a side of the delish wild mushroom brie soup. Some of our faves include: the braised pull-pork, waldorf turkey, chipotle chicken (note: to my delight salads are served with a nice hunk of bread to meet my need for carbs). The prices are affordable, food is fresh and gourmet, leaving your stomach full and happy, wallet only slightly lighter. Nicely played, Skratch.

Unassuming Food Enthusiasts Grade: A

1 comment:

  1. I don't live in LA but am loving your blog. Good job girls!

    ReplyDelete